Ginger Broccoli Stir-Fry
Are you looking for an appetizing way to enhance a nutritious vegetable? Try this eye-catching stir-fry from Marie Rossey of Creston, Ohio. The broccoli keeps its bright color and crispness, while ginger and soy sauce help to spice it up nicely.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Place the broccoli and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; drain. In a nonstick
- skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 6-7 minutes. Add the
- garlic, soy sauce and ginger; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until
- broccoli is crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 41 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.