Ginger Biscuits Recipe
My English cousin in Yorkshire sent me this old-fashioned recipe for buttery ginger cookies (or "biscuits" if you're British). You'll love the taste!
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix or self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a bowl, combine baking mix or flour, sugar, ginger, soda and salt. Using hands, rub egg into mixture.
- 2. In a saucepan, warm syrup and butter; stir into batter. Let stand for 3-4 minutes, then knead. Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into small balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will flatten and "crackle" when done. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 140 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC