Ginger Biscuits Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix or self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a bowl, combine baking mix or flour, sugar, ginger, soda and salt. Using hands, rub egg into mixture.
- 2. In a saucepan, warm syrup and butter; stir into batter. Let stand for 3-4 minutes, then knead. Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into small balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will flatten and "crackle" when done. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 140 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Biscuits
"Is this recipe right? How is the batter supposed to look? I am not sure that this is correct. Please let me know. They do taste good though."