- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix or self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine baking mix or flour, sugar, ginger, soda and salt. Using hands, rub egg into mixture.
- In a saucepan, warm syrup and butter; stir into batter. Let stand for 3-4 minutes, then knead. Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into small balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will flatten and "crackle" when done. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger Biscuits in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p45
Reviews for Ginger Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2015
"Is this recipe right? How is the batter supposed to look? I am not sure that this is correct. Please let me know. They do taste good though."