Ginger Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch, water and salt; toss with beef. In a small bowl, mix broth, soy sauce, sugar, orange peel and remaining cornstarch until smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry half of the beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan. Repeat with additional 2 teaspoons oil and remaining beef.
- 3. Stir-fry carrots in remaining oil 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and, if desired, pepper flakes; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir broth mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup beef mixture: 334 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
"Did the orange juice really work out? @Wasoongu"
"The stars aren't showing up for me to rate this recipe, but I give it four stars. I made a batch for my dad and husband and they ate it all -- no leftovers. I added onion, garlic, and broccoli. And crushed red pepper. I also realized at the last minute that I didn't have any oranges, so I added about 1/4 cup orange juice. I did serve with the suggested side dish (zesty sugar snap peas) and they disappeared as well."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.