- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced into 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, water and salt until smooth. Add beef; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry beef in batches in 1 tablespoon oil until meat reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes. Place remaining cornstarch in a bowl; stir in broth until smooth. add the soy sauce, orange peel and ginger. Return beef to skillet; stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
"Did the orange juice really work out? @Wasoongu"
"The stars aren't showing up for me to rate this recipe, but I give it four stars. I made a batch for my dad and husband and they ate it all -- no leftovers. I added onion, garlic, and broccoli. And crushed red pepper. I also realized at the last minute that I didn't have any oranges, so I added about 1/4 cup orange juice. I did serve with the suggested side dish (zesty sugar snap peas) and they disappeared as well."