Our home economists developed this recipe for folks who want to offer guests an adult-style beverage without the alcohol. The simple syrup is enhanced with gingerroot and vanilla bean.
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cups apricot nectar, chilled
- 3 cups white cranberry juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and ginger. Split
- vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add bean and seeds to sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove
- from the heat; cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain mixture,
- discarding ginger and vanilla bean. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in sugar
- mixture. Serve in cocktail glasses. Yield: 16 servings (3 quarts).
To Make Ahead: Prepare the ginger syrup up to a week in advance; cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 255 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.