This dish is a nice change from ordinary green salad and is elegant enough for company. The dressing is one of my favorites. Its sweetness complements the crisp greens and crunchy green beans. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Process first seven ingredients in a blender until smooth. Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water. Add beans; cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. In a salad bowl, combine salad greens, mango and beans. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup salad dressing).
Originally published as Ginger-Apricot Tossed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p117
Reviews for Ginger-Apricot Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review