Ginger Applesauce Recipe
When it's apple picking time, it also time for all the delightful treats you can make with them, including applesauce. This is my favorite way to prepare it. It's simple to do and makes the whole house smell like fall.—Renee Pajestka, Brunswick, Ohio
- 4 pounds apples (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until apples are tender, 4-5 hours. Mash if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 5 cups.
2/3 cup: 128 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Ginger Applesauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC