Ginger Applesauce Recipe
When it's apple picking time, it also time for all the delightful treats you can make with them, including applesauce. This is my favorite way to prepare it. It's simple to do and makes the whole house smell like fall.—Renee Pajestka, Brunswick, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 4 pounds apples (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Place all ingredients in a 4-qt. slow cooker; stir until combined.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Mash if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 5 cups.
2/3 cup equals 128 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC