When it's apple picking time, it also time for all the delightful treats you can make with them, including applesauce. This is my favorite way to prepare it. It's simple to do and makes the whole house smell like fall.—Renee Pajestka, Brunswick, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 pounds apples (about 12 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place all ingredients in a 4-qt. slow cooker; stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Mash
- if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 128 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein.