Ginger-Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1. Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine the pie filling and gingersnaps; stuff some of the mixture into the pocket of each chop. Set remaining mixture aside.
- 2. Secure pork with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth. Stir in reserved pie filling mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 530 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Ginger-Apple Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.