We inherited a bountiful pear tree when we moved to our property years ago. The fresh-picked fruit is especially luscious in this moist quick bread spiced with ginger and dotted with crunchy almonds.—Ruth Ealy, Plain City, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in crystallized ginger. In another bowl, whisk eggs, oil and extract. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in pears and almonds (batter will be stiff).
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Ginger-Almond Pear Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Ginger-Almond Pear Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review