I came up with this side dish one year while cooking Christmas dinner with my mom. The spiced-up squash is sweet and comforting.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine squash and oil. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over squash; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ginger & Spice Butternut Squash in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p46
Reviews for Ginger & Spice Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review