This spiced cookie has a real kick of ginger, similar to traditional German lebkuchen. If you don’t have crystallized ginger, use colored sprinkles. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Gifts in a Jar
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 24 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in syrup. In another bowl, whisk flour, spices, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 12-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Refrigerate until set. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Ginger & Maple Macadamia Nut Cookies in Taste of Home December 2014, p62
Reviews for Ginger & Maple Macadamia Nut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review