Gin & Tonic Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tonic water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup gin
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- Lime slices
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water, oil, lime juice, peel and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended.
- 2. Add cream of tarter to egg whites; beat with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the cheese, cream, confectioners' sugar, gin and food coloring until stiff peaks form. Pipe over cupcakes. Garnish with lime slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
1 each: 285 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Gin & Tonic Cupcakes
"I would suggest putting the gin in the freezer first for a while to get it really cold"