Gimme More Snack Mix Recipe
My beautician gave me the recipe for this sweet-salty snack, and it was an immediate hit with my family. The mix didn't have a name, so we came up with one that seemed perfect - "gimme more!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing YIELD:36 servings
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature pretzels
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) peanut butter chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, peanuts and pretzels; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy coating, peanut butter chips and oil; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- 2. Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 pounds.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC