Gigantic Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
These large, luscious cinnamon rolls are always a hit at my parents' Christmas brunch. The recipe yields two so you can keep one and give the other as a gift.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12-in. x 4-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into four 1-in. strips. Roll each into an 18-in.-long rope. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- 2. Coil one rope in the center of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Add three more ropes, pinching ends together to fill one pan. Repeat with remaining ropes on a second pizza pan. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 2 rolls (6-8 servings each).
1 roll equals 322 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC