- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a shallow bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12-in. x 4-in. rectangle. Cut each rectangle lengthwise into four 1-in. strips. Roll each into an 18-in.-long rope. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- Coil one rope in the center of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Add three more ropes, pinching ends together to fill one pan. Repeat with remaining ropes on a second pizza pan. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 2 rolls (6-8 servings each).
Reviews for Gigantic Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
"They look wonderful!"
"i have made this so many times now."
"I might make these again with some changes mostly I liked the idea of a huge cinnamon roll, but I didn't like the actual recipe. My results turned out kind of tough & I think it might have been the cinnamon sugar that was used. Next time I'd try using the Baker's Cinnamon Filling that I buy from King Arthur Flour. The ends do come apart, so pinching them really well is very important."
"I'll be making these for Christmas morning. I'll make then Friday so I can send one home with my son's family after our Christmas Eve gathering."
"This recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy to make.Thanks for a great recipe."