- In another large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- top begins to crack slightly and a toothpick comes out with moist
- crumbs. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife
- around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate over night.
- To assemble, invert cake onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Remove foil; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, heat chocolate and
- cream over very low heat until chocolate is melted (do not boil);
- stir until smooth, Remove from the heat. Cool if necessary until
- mixture reaches spreading consistency.
- Slowly pour over cake, smoothing sides with a metal spatula to evenly
- coat. Chill until set. Carefully transfer cake to a flat serving
- plate. Top with Chocolate Bow. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 380 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.