Giant Spice Cookies Recipe
"I heard this cookie recipe over the radio about 1950—shortly after my husband and I married," recalls Sandy Pyeatt of Tacoma, Washington. "The big spicy treats are so nice and chewy, they remain my favorite to this day."
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, ginger and baking soda. Stir in water, molasses and vanilla and mix well. Roll into 10 balls.
- 2. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until surface cracks and cookies are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 cookies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 248 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC