- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, ginger and baking soda. Stir in water, molasses and vanilla and mix well. Roll into 10 balls.
- Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until surface cracks and cookies are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 cookies.
Reviews for Giant Spice Cookies
Sort By :
We love molasses/ginger cookies and cake mix cookies - I don't know why I never thought of combining the two! I made into 20 cookies. Even though the cookies were smaller than the recipe, it did require the full cooking time. As with all cake mix cookie doughs, I put the dough into the fridge for an hour before scooping. To make prettier, I rolled the cookie balls in sugar before placing in oven. Cookies were beautiful. The hardest part of this recipe was waiting for the cookies to cool and set!
I have been asked three years in a row to make these. They are delicious.
these cookies are scrumptious!!! They're not only flavorful, but really chewy.And Sooo easy to prepare.
I added orange zest to the dough for a bit more flavor. They were easy to make and quite good.
Fantastic recipe-not only in taste and easy prep., but healthy recipe too! I made these twice already--the texture of this cookie is great-tasting---this is definately a keeper. I am making them now (theyr'e in the oven) for company tonight.
Thanks for sharing this recipe!