- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, ginger and baking soda. Stir in water, molasses and vanilla and mix well. Roll into 10 balls.
- Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until surface cracks and cookies are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 cookies.
Reviews for Giant Spice Cookies
Sort By :
"We love molasses/ginger cookies and cake mix cookies - I don't know why I never thought of combining the two! I made into 20 cookies. Even though the cookies were smaller than the recipe, it did require the full cooking time. As with all cake mix cookie doughs, I put the dough into the fridge for an hour before scooping. To make prettier, I rolled the cookie balls in sugar before placing in oven. Cookies were beautiful. The hardest part of this recipe was waiting for the cookies to cool and set!"
"I have been asked three years in a row to make these. They are delicious."
"these cookies are scrumptious!!! They're not only flavorful, but really chewy.And Sooo easy to prepare."
"I added orange zest to the dough for a bit more flavor. They were easy to make and quite good."
"Fantastic recipe-not only in taste and easy prep., but healthy recipe too! I made these twice already--the texture of this cookie is great-tasting---this is definately a keeper. I am making them now (theyr'e in the oven) for company tonight.Thanks for sharing this recipe!"