Giant Snowball Cake Recipe
Just like the frosty version would, this snowball is sure to disappear fast at warm-weather gatherings! Tangy citrus is the delightful surprise when you taste the coconut-topped confection from Betty Friesen of Lake Oswego, Oregon. "My family's enjoyed the refreshing dessert at Christmas for nearly 50 years," she writes. "But it would be wonderful any time.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 angel food cake (12 ounces), cut into cubes (10 cups)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add sugar and juices; stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until partially thickened, about 2 hours.
- 2. Beat 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Line a 4-qt. round bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon about 1 cup whipped cream mixture into bowl. Alternate layers of cake and whipped cream mixture until bowl is filled, ending with cream mixture. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 3. Unmold onto a serving plate. Whip remaining cream; frost cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Giant Snowball Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC