My husband and I were taking care of our two grandsons, Nathan and Brandon, and their mom left the ingredients for this fun dessert. The boys loved pressing the dough into the pan, spreading the frosting and adding the candy "pizza" toppings. They were so proud to serve yummy wedges to their parents when they returned.—Ruth Shefcyk, Lake Orion, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- 2/3 cup M&M's minis
- 3 ounces white candy coating, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped gumdrops
- 1 piece (10 to 12 inches) strawberry Fruit by the Foot
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting over cookie. Sprinkle with M&M's, candy coating and gumdrops. For "pepperoni", cut circles in strawberry fruit roll; arrange on pizza. Cut into wedges. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Giant Pizza Cookie in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p14
Reviews for Giant Pizza Cookie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review