Giant Pineapple Turnover Recipe
Fresh apple, canned pineapple and plump raisins combine in this fun turnover from field editor Carolyn Kyzer of Alexander, Arkansas. The crust, made from refrigerated pie pastry, is a tasty shortcut.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. Unfold pastry and place on a baking sheet. In a bowl, combine the apple, pineapple, sugar, celery, raisins, walnuts and flour; toss gently. Spoon filling onto half of crust, leaving 1 in. around edge. Fold pastry over filling and seal edge well. Cut slit in top.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 574 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 96 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC