Giant Pineapple Turnover Recipe
Fresh apple, canned pineapple and plump raisins combine in this fun turnover from field editor Carolyn Kyzer of Alexander, Arkansas. The crust, made from refrigerated pie pastry, is a tasty shortcut.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Ice cream, optional
- Unfold pastry and place on a baking sheet. In a bowl, combine the apple, pineapple, sugar, celery, raisins, walnuts and flour; toss gently. Spoon filling onto half of crust, leaving 1 in. around edge. Fold pastry over filling and seal edge well. Cut slit in top.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Giant Pineapple Turnover in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p11
Reviews for Giant Pineapple Turnover(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Turnovers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >