Giant Picnic Sandwich Recipe
I'm always looking for fun foods to prepare for company in the summer. This delicious sandwich travels well for a picnic or get-together held the same day it is made...plus it looks as good as it tastes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 6 to 8 lettuce leaves
- 6 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Prepare hot roll mix according to package instructions. Pat or roll into a 12-in. circle; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Cut in half horizontally; spread salad dressing on cut sides. On bottom half, layer the lettuce, ham, salami, cucumber, onion, cheese, green pepper and tomatoes. Replace top half. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 471 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,147 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC