Giant Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
"I created this treat for my husband, adding light and low-fat products to the cookie dough," explains JoAnn Belack in Bradenton, Florida. "It was so fantastic that I fixed it with conventional ingredients for guests. Since it can be made ahead of time and frozen, it cuts stress for busy hostesses…and really, who doesn’t love peanut butter?"
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) ready-to-bake refrigerated chocolate peanut butter cookie dough
- 6 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into two ungreased 9-in. springform pans; sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk, cream and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add pudding and ice cream; beat until smooth.
- 3. Spread over one cookie crust. Remove sides of second pan; place crust, crumb side down, over filling. Wrap in plastic wrap; freezer on a baking sheet 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Place Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave at 50% power 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Remove sides of pan; cut dessert into slices. Drizzle with Nutella. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 663 calories, 44 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC