Giant Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
"I created this treat for my husband, adding light and low-fat products to the cookie dough," explains JoAnn Belack in Bradenton, Florida. "It was so fantastic that I fixed it with conventional ingredients for guests. Since it can be made ahead of time and frozen, it cuts stress for busy hostesses…and really, who doesn’t love peanut butter?"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:12 servings
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) ready-to-bake refrigerated chocolate peanut butter cookie dough
- 6 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into two ungreased 9-in. springform pans; sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk, cream and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add pudding and ice cream; beat until smooth.
- 3. Spread over one cookie crust. Remove sides of second pan; place crust, crumb side down, over filling. Wrap in plastic wrap; freezer on a baking sheet 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Place Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave at 50% power 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stirring twice. Remove sides of pan; cut dessert into slices. Drizzle with Nutella. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 663 calories, 44 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC