Topped with leftover peanut brittle bits, these giant cookies take star billing on holiday cookie trays—or all year long, guarantees Carolyn Horne from Tigard, Oregon. “Folks can’t get enough of them.”
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup crushed peanut brittle
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt peanut butter chips; stir until smooth. Spread over half of each cookie; sprinkle with peanut brittle. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Giant Peanut Brittle Cookies in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p37
Reviews for Giant Peanut Brittle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review