Giant Mushroom Burger Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pat into a 9-in. circle on a large sheet of waxed paper. Invert onto a greased wire grill basket; peel off waxed paper.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear. Cut into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Giant Mushroom Burger
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.