- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
- Shape into 2-in. balls and roll in coarse sugar. Place 2-1/2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 13-15 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Giant Molasses Cookies
Sort By :
"This cookie is delicious! Stays soft and moist for days."
"I did not care for this cookie at all. I felt it was lacking in the robust flavor that you usually connect to a molasses cookie. I think it could have used a little more molasses and some dark brown sugar to give it what the cookie was lacking. I also did not care for the texture. It seemed a little too cakey too me, even when I baked it for less time than suggested."
"These cookies are FABULOUS! I have made them several times and they turn out perfectly soft and chewy each time. I bake them a minute or 2 less then suggested which makes them perfect! The dough freezes well too so you can make some now and have the dough to make more later."
"What a perfect molasses cookie recipe! Follow recipe exactly, use only blackstrap molasses (NOT sorghum molasses), don't add flour (supposed to be soft and sticky), use double scoop of dough for each cookie, use baking SODA not powder, roll in sugar, don't over-bake (test oven temp w/thermometer if your cookies are hard), and you will have great cookies!"
"Also added 1/2 c flour."