Giant Green Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups walnut halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 bunches romaine, torn
- 16 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 6 cups dried cranberries
- 4 medium sweet yellow peppers, diced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 4 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter. Add walnuts; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in several large salad bowls, combine the romaine, lettuce, cranberries, yellow peppers, cheese and pepper if desired. In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugared walnuts. Yield: 85 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Giant Green Salad
"Great salad. You can more of less of the salad ingredients to your liking."