Giant Dinosaur Cookies Recipe
Decorated sugar cookies for dessert delighted the young dinosaur lovers at our party. I had a lot of fun frosting the shapes and decorating them with mini-chocolate chip "eyes" and colorful candy spots to give them character. —Robin Werner, Brush Prairie, Washington
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Food coloring, optional
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Miniature or regular semisweet chocolate chips
- Sliced gumdrops or small decorating candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition (dough will be very stiff).
- 2. Divide into two balls; roll each ball directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut cookies with a dinosaur cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cookies. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired.
- 3. Bake 7-9 minutes for small cookies and 10-12 minutes for large cookies or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 4. If desired, add food coloring to frosting. Frost cookies. Decorate with chocolate chips for eyes and candies for spots. Yield: About 2 dozen 4-inch cookies or 1 dozen 8-inch cookies.
1 each: 243 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Giant Dinosaur Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC