Giant Cupcake Pumpkin
Make a smiley statement by decorating a whole tray of cupcakes. Once everyone’s seen the big picture, they can all take a treat. —Gena Lott, Ogden, Utah
26 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Orange food coloring
- Reese's pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 26 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, water and eggs; beat on
- low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate
- chips. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool
- In a large bowl, beat frosting and flavoring; tint frosting orange.
- Arrange cupcakes on a large platter, forming a pumpkin. Spread
- frosting over cupcakes. Decorate with Reese's pieces as desired.
- Yield: 26 cupcakes.