“Because my son's birthday is so close to Halloween, I make this for his party every year," says Katheryn Sipos in Canon City, Colorado. "It's always a hit with the kids-they just love it-and there's never any left!”
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 12 gummy spiders
- 1 vinyl glove
- 1 gallon tropical fruit punch, chilled
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- Pour water into an ice cube tray; add a gummy spider to each of 12
- compartments. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Fill glove with water;
- tie or seal and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In a 7-qt. punch bowl, combine punch and soda. Add sherbet and ice
- cubes. Remove glove from hand-shaped ice; add to punch. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 32 servings (6 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 133 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.