- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 3 pretzel rods
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 6 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 3 lollipop sticks
- 6 chocolate jimmies
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Black paste food coloring
- Vanilla frosting
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan and an 8-in. square baking dish with foil and grease the foil. Prepare brownie batter and bake according to package directions, using prepared pans. Cool on wire racks.
- Break pretzel rods into various sizes; dip into melted chocolate. Arrange into a tree shape on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place melted white candy coating in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Outline three small ghosts on waxed paper. Fill in ghost outlines, adding a lollipop stick to each for support. Place jimmies on ghosts for eyes. Let dry completely.
- Using foil, lift brownies out of pans. Discard foil; place 8-in. square brownie on a large serving plate for graveyard. Spread chocolate frosting over top and sides.
- Cut remaining brownie into 3-in. x 1-1/2-in. tombstone shapes. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over tombstones. With black food coloring, tint vanilla frosting gray; decorate tombstones.
- Using toothpicks, insert three tombstones into graveyard. Insert tree into graveyard (support as needed with brownie scraps). Insert ghosts into graveyard; sprinkle with wafer crumbs for dirt and coconut for grass. Place remaining tombstones on a serving platter. Yield: 1 graveyard cake (9 servings) and 20 tombstones.
Originally published as Ghosts in the Graveyard Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p243
Reviews for Ghosts in the Graveyard Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review