Ghostly Custards Recipe
You'll hear shrieks of delight when these not-so-spooky pumpkin custards appear for dessert. These ghosts will be gobbled up in no time! —Suzanne Strocsher, Bothell, Washington
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low until smooth. Place eight ungreased 4-oz. custard cups in two 8-in.-square baking pans. Fill each cup with 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture. Pour hot water around cups into the pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Before serving, top each with dollops of whipped topping in the shape of a ghost; add chocolate chips for eyes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ghostly Custards
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2014
"I thought it was super good, although other family members weren't as impressed. I think it was the texture. It's basically pumpkin pie without the crust. Way easier to make than I thought custard would be."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC