Ghostly Custards Recipe
Here's a tasteful way to get everyone into the "spirit" of the season! Little ones in particular find her custards irresistible, reals Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington. "Our young daughter is always eager to help make these desserts," Suzanne states. "They're full of sweet pumpkin flavor, and the treats are just the right size for her too."
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low until smooth. Place eight ungreased 4-oz. custard cups in two 8-in. square baking pans. Fill each cup with 1/2 cup of pumpkin mixture. Pour hot water around cups into the pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Before serving, top each with dollops of whipped topping in the shape of a ghost; add chocolate chips for eyes. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC