- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low until smooth. Place eight ungreased 4-oz. custard cups in two 8-in.-square baking pans. Fill each cup with 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture. Pour hot water around cups into the pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Before serving, top each with dollops of whipped topping in the shape of a ghost; add chocolate chips for eyes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ghostly Custards in Country Woman September/October 1996, p24
Reviews for Ghostly Custards
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2014
"I thought it was super good, although other family members weren't as impressed. I think it was the texture. It's basically pumpkin pie without the crust. Way easier to make than I thought custard would be."