- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together 2/3 cup oil with next six ingredients. Reserve 3 tablespoons marinade for pizza. Add chicken to remaining marinade; toss in a shallow dish to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until a thermometer reads 165°, 22-27 minutes. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir peppers until tender, 4-6 minutes. Increase oven heat to 450°.
- Divide pizza dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12x9-in. rectangle. Transfer one rectangle to a greased baking sheet. Brush reserved marinade over rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with chicken, peppers and cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Place second dough rectangle over pizza and pinch edges to seal. Using a kitchen scissors, cut out eyes and mouth. Cut bottom to form a jagged edge; pinch edges of dough to reseal. Brush with remaining oil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 pieces.
Originally published as Ghostly Chicken & Pepper Pizza in Ultimate Halloween 2016, p29
Reviews for Ghostly Chicken & Pepper Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review