Scare up a good treat using prepared cake mix, ice cream cones and whipped topping. These “ghosts” are as easy as child’s play. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 42 Desserts That Are Just Too Cute
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 30 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Black decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Tightly cover two 13x9-in. pans with foil, securing edges around pan. For each pan, cut fifteen small holes in foil, about 2-1/2 in. apart. Carefully stand a cone in each hole.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill cones to within 1/2 in. of tops (scant 3 tablespoons); do not overfill. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 17-20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- To serve, pipe or dollop whipped topping over tops for ghosts; decorate with black icing. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ghost Cupcake Cones in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Ghost Cupcake Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review