Ghost Caramel Pears Recipe
- 4 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 4 wooden pop sticks
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Red and black shoestring licorice, blanched almonds and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- 2. Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan and let stand until set.
- 3. Melt candy coating and shortening at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 20- to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate faces as desired; return to pan and let stand until set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 1056 calories, 45g fat (36g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 172g carbohydrate (154g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Ghost Caramel Pears
"I would make again but would have to figure out an easier way to attach items to the set chocolate exterior. I tried doing it with the 2 granddaughters and none of the decorations for nose, mouth, etc would adhere. Would like to hear others opinion or ideas. Finally used a little of melted chocolate on back of licorice, etc but very difficult!"