Ghost Caramel Pears
These double-dipped pear ghosts are so simple it’s scary. Display them on your table for a fun Halloween
centerpiece—the whimsical faces will make them the life of any party. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + standing
- 4 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 4 wooden pop sticks
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Red and black shoestring licorice, blanched almonds and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top
- of each.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each
- pear into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan and let stand
- until set.
- Melt candy coating and shortening at 50% power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 20- to 30-second intervals, stirring until
- smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate
- faces as desired; return to pan and let stand until set. Yield: 4