These double-dipped pear ghosts are so simple it’s scary. Display them on your table for a fun Halloween centerpiece—the whimsical faces will make them the life of any party. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 4 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 4 wooden pop sticks
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Red and black shoestring licorice, blanched almonds and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan and let stand until set.
- Melt candy coating and shortening at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 20- to 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate faces as desired; return to pan and let stand until set. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ghost Caramel Pears in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p43
Reviews for Ghost Caramel Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review