- 9 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 9 Popsicle sticks
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds white candy coating disks
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup orange candy coating disks
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- In a microwave, melt caramels and water; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel mixture; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- Melt white candy coating and 2 tablespoons shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip pears into coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to pan; let stand until set.
- In the same microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with orange candy coating and 1 teaspoon shortening. Decorate ghost faces; let stand until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Ghastly Pear Ghosts(4)
Sort By :
If you like pears, this is for you.
made with out the carmels , not nut free for school.....just did the chocolate thing and the class loved them , healthy , and treat too !
I'm 57 and I just love this! Better than apples any day of the week.
nice for a kid