- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, brown sugar and flax. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk oil, honey, maple syrup, pie spice and salt. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Get-Up-and-Go Granola
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe. I did not have flaxseed or apple pie spice so used pumpkin pie spice. I made half a recipe for just the two of us. Will definitely make this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This is delicious! I've never made a granola before and it's so easy. I halved the recipe except for the craisins and raisins and used extra honey because I'm not a fan of maple syrup. Also, instead of apple pie spice I used pumpkin pie spice."
"My son is allergic to peanuts and we stay away from all nuts to be safe. Can you make a good granola without the addition of nuts? Could you just add more oatmeal in its place? This sounds like such a good on-the-go breakfast!"
"You could use Karo Syrup or just use more honey. Anything that is sticky, sweet, and delicious would do. Of course, pure maple syrup is the best in my opinion."
"I don't have maple syrup. Can something else be used instead?"