Get-Up-and-Go Granola Recipe
My family loves to have this soul-warming granola before hiking, biking or even when camping. It smells delicious while baking up and you can easily make in large batches for special occasions or to send in gift packages to family and friends. —Sabrina Olson, Otsego, Minnesota
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, brown sugar and flax. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk oil, honey, maple syrup, pie spice and salt. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Spread evenly in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 255 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Get-Up-and-Go Granola
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC