German Vegetable Soup
My sister-in-law gave me this recipeit's a nice thick soup. It does call for quite a few ingredients, but the taste is worth it!Gundrun Braker, Burnett, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato or vegetable juice
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; add to the beef mixture. Add the salt,
- pepper, garlic, bay leaf, tomato juice, celery, carrots, potatoes,
- cabbage and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.