"GRANDMA'S spinach dish is flavored with her Austrian heritage. It's tasty and always looks so pretty on the plate. We children never had to be told to eat our spinach at Grandma's house!"
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain well and set
- aside. Saute onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet until
- tender. Stir in the spinach, bacon, nutmeg, salt and pepper; heat
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.