Our whole family is excited when I plug in the slow cooker to make these fall-off-the-bone tender ribs. We like them served over rice or egg noodles. Husband Mark and I have eight children, ages 16 years to 3 months, whom I homeschool.
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Top with onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with ribs and noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as German-Style Short Ribs in Country Woman January/February 2006, p47
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for German-Style Short Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review