German-Style Short Ribs Recipe
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Top with onions.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices; serve with ribs and noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without noodles) equals 302 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for German-Style Short Ribs
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.