Lily Julow of Lawrenceville, Georgia pairs the zippy flavors of kielbasa with tender buttered noodles and crisp coleslaw. The result is a delicious entree that comes together quickly.
Recommended: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
- 5-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- Place coleslaw mix in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the coleslaw mix, sugar and pepper; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in poppy seeds if desired. Drain noodles; serve with cabbage mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as German Style Kielbasa and Noodles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p26
Reviews for German-Style Kielbasa and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
"Loved this! Super easy and tasty :)"
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2013
"Good fall dish. I added chopped apples to the kielbasa and onion."
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2013
"Really like this a lot."
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2012
"My husband and I really enjoyed this!"
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2010
"I rated 5 stars...I don't know why it came up as 2 stars when I entered it!"