Lily Julow of Lawrenceville, Georgia pairs the zippy flavors of kielbasa with tender buttered noodles and crisp coleslaw. The result is a delicious entree that comes together quickly.
- 5-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- Place coleslaw mix in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the coleslaw mix, sugar and pepper; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in poppy seeds if desired. Drain noodles; serve with cabbage mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as German Style Kielbasa and Noodles in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p26
Reviews for German-Style Kielbasa and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review