- 5-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- Place coleslaw mix in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the coleslaw mix, sugar and pepper; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in poppy seeds if desired. Drain noodles; serve with cabbage mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for German-Style Kielbasa and Noodles
"Loved this! Super easy and tasty :)"
"Good fall dish. I added chopped apples to the kielbasa and onion."
"Really like this a lot."
"My husband and I really enjoyed this!"
"I rated 5 stars...I don't know why it came up as 2 stars when I entered it!"
"quick and easy. I actually mixed the noodles right into the dish. Very tasty."