I read about these burgers nearly 40 years ago. I've made them once a month since then because they're so delicious.Agnes Golian, Garfield Heights, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties,
- about 1/2-in. thick.
- In a skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or
- until no longer pink, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce and
- tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.