- 3 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon and pepper. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the egg mixture. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for German Spice Cookies(3)
Sort By :
Fantastic! Moist and chewy, with just the right amount of spice. Perfect for low cholesterol diet.
I love these cookies. I especially love how moist they are without needing butter. I don't always put the raisins in and they still taste great.
Absolutely delicious. Thank you!